Summer Camp Plans
2023 Summer Camp
A look back at last summer!
This year, Troop 1029 will be heading to Broad Creek Memorial Scout Reservation.
"Nestled between the rolling hills of Harford County and the rolling waves of the Susquehanna River, Broad Creek is at the heart of Scouting adventure. From conquering the climbing tower to kayaking through a forest stream into deeper waters, Scout Camp at Broad Creek will give your scout a broad experience at summer camp.
Baltimore Area Council (BAC), Boy Scouts of America (BSA) owns and operates the Broad Creek Memorial Scout Reservation which consists of over 1600 acres of pristine Maryland woodlands and two operational camps: Camp Saffran (BSA & Cub Scouts) and Camp Oest (primative camping).
With a revived trek program, 55+ merit badges, and relentless evening programs, your Scouts will never run out of opportunities at camp. These activities will not only amount to endless fun, but will also promote character development, physical and moral training, and the ability to complete a multitude of requirements that are all necessary to rise in the ranks of Scouting."
We will be camping the week of July 16th – July 22nd.
Registration & Merit Badge selections begins now: CLICK HERE to REGISTER.
- Registration & Deposit to reserve spot and Merit Badge selections is due MON., FEB. 20.
- Final payment due by MON., MAY 15.
- Health Forms and all Broad Creek required forms due at equipment drop-off on SAT., JUL. 15. (the day before we depart)
SUMMER CAMP FORMS & INFORMATION
- REQUIRED PAPERWORK:
- Troop Discipline Policy
- Scouts BSA Health Form
- Broad Creek REQUIRED Forms (ALL forms MUST be completed and turned in on 7/15/23 during equipment drop-off)
(these require parent/scout signatures)
- GENERAL INFORMATION:
- We will be located at FRONTIER
- Broad Creek Map - Camp Saffran
- Merit Badge Class Schedule
- Merit Badge Prerequisites (must complete or be withdrawn from class)
"The Scoutmaster teaches boys to play the game by doing so himself."
-- Sir Robert Baden-Powell
Make sure your Scout doesn't miss the opportunity of Summer Camp!